[hibernate-dev] JPA2 locking

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Oct 20 12:16:43 EDT 2009

See my reading of P2 though is more than just ensuring a repeatable
read.

If T1 does lock(entity, LockModeType.PESSIMISTIC_READ) we need to make
sure T2 cannot update or delete that row b4 T1 completes.  That's
blocking, not simply repeatable read.

--
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
Hibernate.org