[hibernate-dev] [Fwd: [redhat.com #1341720] [Fwd: Re: Unable to checkout core/trunk/core]]

Thu Oct 22 07:41:56 EDT 2009

I had exactly this same problem the other day (when checking out various
JBoss SVN projects first the first time).

My Linux workstation has direct NATed internet connectivity, but my
Windows XP workstation must use a proxy (both HTTP/SOCKS5 are available).

I found that my WinXP box was unable to checkout from SVN due to the use
of the HTTP verb "REPORT" which my HTTP proxy does not support.  To fix
this problem I disabled the HTTP proxy (in WinXP) leaving only the SOCK5
proxy and then my SVN clients (TortoiseSVN / Eclipse SVN) worked fine.

My proxy I was using was Apache Squid (2.5.STABLE9).  Maybe this
additional WebDAV verb can be enabled in this version of squid but the
default configuration does not allow it.

Maybe it would be helpful to have this known issue listed with all SVN
usage instructions.

http://docs.jboss.org/process-guide/en/html/svnaccess.html
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/SVNRepository

Another factor to look into is did SVN always work this way, or has a
recent change in client/protocol cause people to think JBoss
infrastructure is at fault (because the same setup client side setup
works to another public SVN server) ?

Darryl