[hibernate-dev] Infinispan QueryFactory API and lazy class addition into lucene

Navin Surtani nsurtani at redhat.com
Mon Sep 7 13:22:46 EDT 2009

Hello guys,

Was talking with Galder on Friday about how we were to implement the
new QueryFactory API into Infinispan. A main issue was how we could
pass the classes to Hibernate Search. It's currently done in the
SearchableCacheFactory upon creation of the SearchableCache.

We were wondering if it's possible to give the classes to Hibernate
Search lazily? So for example, is there a way to give the class to a
SearchFactoryImplementor when that type is added into the Cache for
the first time?

Also - if it's not possible, is there a feasible way for us to build
this into Hibernate Search? Maybe just create a new instance of the
SearchFactoryImplementor (assuming this won't throw away a lot of the
data required for lucene etc)?

Danke,

Navin Surtani

Intern Infinispan