[hibernate-dev] [infinispan-dev] Distributed queries

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri Sep 18 04:18:53 EDT 2009

Neither 1 nor 2 imply *distributed* queries.

The hard parts with distributed queries (ie executed on a grid and
recomposed) are:
  - making sure you ask all the nodes where the index is distributed
(you can't miss a node)
  - find a way to index only a subset of the data in a given index (on
a given node). Applying the Infinispan distribution routine to the
InfinispanDirectory does not do that, it chunks data arbitrarily.
  - be able to rebuild a given index on a givne node (ie remember
which element were indexed)
  - you need to find a way to distribute your data without
duplication. If a key is indexed multiple times, then you end up with
duplicated results that can't trivially be de-duplicated.

Happy thinking.