[hibernate-dev] [infinispan-dev] Feedback on Infinispan patch

Łukasz Moreń lukasz.moren at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:40:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is reasonable to have multiple threads/nodes that
modifies indexes in Lucene Directory based on Infinispan? Let's assume that
two nodes try to update index in this same time. First one creates
IndexWriter and obtains
write lock. There is high propability that second node throws
LockObtainFailedException (as one IndexWriter is allowed on single index)
and index is not modified. How is that? Should be always only one node that
makes changes in
the index?

Cheers,
Lukasz