[hibernate-dev] solidDB Hibernate dialect ?

Juraci Paixao Krohling jcosta at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 09:25:21 EDT 2010

On 04/21/2010 10:55 AM, Daniel Kavanagh wrote:
> Below I've attached the failure list, the test results aren't too bad from
> what i can tell.
> 26 errors, 7 failures.
> I'm not sure if that would be considered a good result or not?

I think that 0 errors and 0 failures would be better :-)

> If I find a problem for example where some data-type in a test is not
> supported by solidDB can we exclude that test from being run for that
> dialect?

There are certainly tests which doesn't applies for all databases. Most
of them uses a method like "appliesTo(Dialect dialect)", like
org.hibernate.test.rowid.RowIdTest . There are also plans to use
@SkipForDialect and @RequiresDialect , but I'm not sure what's the
current plans for that.

But note that changing the tests may not be possible, specially if the
dialect won't ship with Hibernate. In this case, you may want to
document those "known issues" and waive them.

> If I find an issue that would require a change to the hibernate core how
> would I go about having a fix implemented?

If it's a bug in Hibernate, just open a JIRA with the test case and
someone will look/fix.

> Finally, is there a location on the hibernate site where I can find the
> test results for other DBs? e.g. DB2.

Not yet. But running the testsuite against "hsqldb" is a good starting
point, as it usually passes 100% (no errors nor failures).

- Juca.