[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH-615 Support time-constrained queries returning the first available results

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 8 06:26:07 EST 2010

I have no strong opinions on this;
I like both

  setTimeout(long timeout, TimeUnit timeUnit, boolean allowPartialResults)
and
  limitExecutionTimeTo (or boundExecutionTimeTo)

The latter is only taken a milliseconds/long or is it also having a
TimeUnit parameter

but neither express clearly what's happening to my results.

limitResultCollectionTimeTo( milliseconds ) ?

(imho we can avoid the TimeUnit)

-- Sanne