[hibernate-dev] Move Search to a multi-module build

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:46:32 EST 2010

it's ok for me;
the best benefit I expect is to split the testssuite and clean that,
opening the doors to a performance&stress testsuite.

Also the Solr "optional" dependencies should be actually mandatory if
you use the analyzerdefs, so this could eventually be moved to a
separate search module; that helps in dependecy management for users.
Eventually other optional dependencies could follow - not sure the
support for JPA won't be easy to split out but at least you would have
options to do so if you wished.
Similar story for other dependencies like JGroups backend, soon
Infinispan DirectoryProvider, etc.. maybe even a contrib are for
experimental backends and so on.

I never had issues with the archetype? Eclipse ignores it.

Sanne