[hibernate-dev] Hibernate.org

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Tue Feb 23 19:35:16 EST 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:07:55 -0300, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
wrote:

>> We also have to consider the new Static Metamodel Generator. Currently
>> it does not have its
>> own project page. Will we just add it to Core or will it be its own
>> standalone
>> sub project?
>> Maybe we should even consider moving the actual source code into a maven
>> module. If I remember
>> right the main issue stopping us from doing so were build problems,
>> right?
> No idea.

I guess there is also the issue of license. Currently the annotation
processor
uses the Apache License (version 2). Partly out of historic reasons, since
in
the beginnings it was a prototype for Sun and partly out of the idea that
using
APL would make it easier for IDE/Tools to make use of it. So in order to
integrate
it into Core we would have to change that.

Somehow having a separate project seems wrong given the very specific
problem
the tool solves. Thoughts?

--Hardy