[hibernate-dev] Hibernate as a persistence engine

Adam Warski adam at warski.org
Tue Jan 5 04:51:26 EST 2010

Hello,

> 1) There need be a separation between the "database model" and the
> "entity model" and there should be a "binding" that describes the
> relation between the 2.  As far as Hibernate processing is concerned
> (run-time) it is this binding information that is of the utmost
> importance.  Yes you are correct that it most understand how to inject
> and extract attribute values, etc but really this is largely ancillary;
> in most cases the Hibernate internals deal with the "raw tuples" (the
> values array).
Yes, well, I guess that the separation between the entity and database models is the "core" hibernate functionality.
And if I understand correctly, the binding would be the second level of meta-data.

My main point really was that the top level shouldn't be "java" but "entity", with java/map/xml/scala etc building on top of that.
Plus, later, maybe some APIs easing adding new entity modes.

--
Adam