[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH Dynamic proxy for FullTextSessionImpl, FTEMImpl

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Wed Jan 13 10:21:05 EST 2010

Actually I've never had this problem. Admittedly after reading your email
I did a quick
check and I get also a compilation error due to 'isReadOnly' not being
overridden.

Does Session really change that often that we have a use of a dynamic
proxy? Would it
not be easier to not depend on a SNAPSHOT in the pom. We could depend on
the latest 3.5
beta. You still have to implement the missing methods in FullTextSession
when you do
an upgrade, but the process is more controlled.

Are there any other benefits of a dynamic proxy?

--Hardy