[hibernate-dev] Search: limitations in mapping structured entities on Lucene

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:09:33 EST 2010

Hi Emmanuel, no doubts that you knew about this, but users don't
expect it (and even Hardy forgot it :-P ).

I thought to bring it up here just to ping your brains, so that in
background while thinking at more urgent stuff one day somebody will
say "Eureka!"

I guess we could store enough information in the index using payloads,
(storing a sequential id of the relation) but don't know about
implementing appropriate filtering; also payloads would work only for
"one level" relations, not deeper graphs. I'm just trying to throw
some ideas on the table

Would be cool if we could find a solution on this.

Cheers,
Sanne