[hibernate-dev] Gradle branch

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu Jun 3 05:08:23 EDT 2010

hi,

some thoughts. First, should the current gradle branch compile out of the
box?

I did the following:

svn co https://svn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/core/branches/gradle2
gradle-branch
cd gradle-branch
gradle build

It did some downloading and it completed the build of core, but then all
tests in
Annotations failed. A quick look seems to suggest that resource filtering
is not working
yet. If this is not expected to work, because it's work in progress it's
fine with me,
but I think we should mention it somewhere. Or if I need to configure
anything else it
should be mentioned as well :)

That said, I was looking on the wiki if we have some sort of page where we
document our
gradle experience. I couldn't find one. I think we should create one with
instructions
on how to build the current prototype. On this page we can then also start
a discussion about
our experiences. WDYT?

Btw, while searching for Gradle on the wiki I found this comparison
between Maven vs Gradle -
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenVsGradle

--Hardy