[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] hibernate search on GitHub as an experiment

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Jun 9 11:09:47 EDT 2010

http://github.com/emmanuelbernard/hibernate-search

1. This is an experiment so be warned. I will screw things up. SVN remains the reference.
2. I try and keep SVN and this repo synced under the svn-master branch. Fork from here if you want to experiment.
3. You won't be able to commit in SVN with it (without messing around a lot). I can, it's my repo :)
4. Once a branch is merged back and committed to SVN, it's history is rewritten. That means that you probably can't safely work on it further without screwing things around (we will find out eventually I guess).

I think it will be useful for:
 - non-committers(**) willing to provide some patch (*)
 - work with committers(**) and non-committers(**) on a heavy lifting feature before pushing it to svn

(*) note that we still require you to sign the JBoss.org contributor agreement (similar in nature to the one the ASF asks) https://cla.jboss.org
(**) Committers to SVN.

I've added a two branches:
 - initialize: the changes I've done to the various initialize contracts
 - immutablefactory: the work done to create an immutable factory (built atop the initialize branch)