[hibernate-dev] Project layout

Andersen Max max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Jun 18 12:01:02 EDT 2010

>> If I want to enable lets say the FindBugs plugin or some Antlr plugin
>> then it will overwritten by these shot-and-forget generation.
>
> In the IntelliJ plugin the idea is merging of information.  IntelliJ
> config files are all XML.  So if the Gradle plugin does not understand a
> certain stanza it does not touch it.  If Eclipse does not do that, well,
> not sure what to tell you.

eclipses data is xml too (some properties) - if they've updated gradle to do merges instead it will probably
work too.

>> I thought the gradle scripts were groovy so sounds rather relevant here does it not ?
>
> I am giving examples.  Sheesh :)
>
> All I was asking about was paths and how they relate to Eclipse since I
> have no clue.  You asked questions outside my initial query and I was
> simply trying to answer those for you.
>
> In terms of these other concerns, how about someone actually try
> importing it and see if there are real, actual issues rather than us
> discussing esoteric possibilities that there could maybe  be some
> more-or-less catastrophic problem importing them into eclipse ;)

I'll see if I find time during some boring JBW session next week :))

Is there a page outlining which version of Gradle etc. I should minum be trying this with ?
Or is it all in this mail thread?

/max