[hibernate-dev] Modularization of Search

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Sat Mar 20 15:35:59 EDT 2010

Ok, locally I have now the following structure

pom.xml
hibernate-search/
hibernate-search-archetype/
hibernate-search-testing/
hibernate-search-testsuite/

Tests are split out into hibernate-search-testsuite. We can still leave
tests which don't extend
SearchTestCase in hibernate-search, but there are not many ;-)

This setup will allow to add a new infinispan module where the tests can
use for example the
SearchTestCase of hibernate-search-testing. We can also further split out
the jms and jgroups
clustering, but that's optional.

The only way to keep the main tests in hibernate-search while still
publishing a testing module
would be some code duplication.

I know there are still some reservations about this setup, so I thought I
ask once more -
commit or not commit? ;-)

--Hardy