[hibernate-dev] Back-porting to 3.6

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Fri Nov 12 08:09:00 EST 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:27:17 +0100, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> A script is actually a great idea.

Right now it seems to be the way of least resistance.

> The other thought I had was to revert the module dir renames.  Or to do
> it in 3.6 as well.  Make them the same.  Just not sure the kind of
> effect that would have now.

I don't have any string feelings about going back from hibernate-core to
core, etc, but
there is also the testsuite and testing module changes. Having these
within core
now makes sense. If adjusting directory names I opt for doing it on the
branch.

> There is a 3rd approach someone one #git recommended leveraging cherry
> picking, but it was not simple either.

How does cherry picking solve the problem of the directory name changes?

--Hardy