[hibernate-dev] lookup of Infinispan cachemanager for Search's own dirty reasons

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Nov 17 10:31:10 EST 2010

Hello,
thanks all for the clarifications; I was wrongly assuming that we
should have just one CacheManager running in AS6.
Now I see, I'll use my own independent one.

I'm making sure Hibernate Search is able to start (and stop) it's own
CacheManager, or instead retrieve one via JNDI.
So now I don't see anymore a strong reason to define a default name,
nor bundle a configuration into JBoss6 - agree?

So it will first try to find a CacheManager via JNDI using the name
defined with the following configuration property:

"hibernate.search.infinispan.cachemanager_jndiname"
(underscore is a convention used in many other Search's properties)

If this property is undefined, it will look for this one:

hibernate.search.infinispan.configuration_resourcename

which should point to an Infinispan configuration file.

If this is not defined either, we fall back to the resourcename
"default-hibernatesearch-infinispan.xml"
which will be included in Hibernate Search, providing general purpose
defaults but no cachestore.

Cheers,
Sanne