[hibernate-dev] How can I configure sharding for customer data

Suganya psuganya.mdu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 01:57:26 EST 2010

Hi,

yeah gone thorough that.

in that example, we need to define the no.of.shards and the directory
provider for the shards at configuration.

but in my application, i need to shard the client specific data.

so my need is to configure those settings at the run time based on the
client id. is it possible to do so..

Hardy,

I am new to this hibernate search and what i understood from filter is,

filter will apply restrictions on matching elements returned by query..

for eg : in my application when i apply filter for clientid, lucene will
fetch all the documents and then apply the filter criteria of client id and
return the result.

but my need is to open the index reader and writing the index for the
specific client alone with the identification of clientid at runtime.

I have logged my query in Hibernate forum

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1008229&sid=5b09315d722d0de51cbf009316f0c42a