[hibernate-dev] Lucene Collector for Hibernate Search

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 13:45:50 EST 2010

Hi Amin,
If there are interesting use cases for this I would like to know more about it.
Technically it doesn't seem hard to implement, but would you not use
the native IndexSearcher anyway to make use of this? I mean, would
there be a practical use case to set the collector and then let the
search results be handled by Hibernate Search, or are you going to
handle the collected results with custom code anyway?
Also we have plans to set a custom collector to perform some nice
performance optimization tricks: I was thinking to leverage the
advantage of FieldCaches by default, so you would loose this advantage
by setting a custom one if yours doesn't use the same caches.

cheers,
Sanne