[hibernate-dev] Infinispan DirectoryProvider for Hibernate Search

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 08:14:54 EDT 2010

Hi Emmanuel,
thanks, some more comments inline:

2010/9/30 Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org>:
> As usual thanks for the deep analysis.
>
> I've been looking at this problem and here is where I am.
>
> Lifecycle
> 1. You pass an instance to the SessionFactory in which case you're responsible for the lifecycle
> The instance passed needs to be passed to the next ImmutableSearchFactory if a reconstruction due to class addition occurs

You really mean the SessionFactory? we aren't integrating Infinispan
that intimately to Hibernate right?

Assuming you meant the "SearchFactory", do you mean to pass an
instance of Infinispan's CacheManager or shall we pass it a map of
objects?
As you suggested below relating to the BuildContext, I like the idea
of a Map<String,Object>, could we pass a similarly approached
Map<String,Object> to the SearchFactoryBuilder ?
In this case we should internally track which services where provided
and which where started in the factory, but then expose a single
Map<String,Object> to the consumers:
I'll try defining a new interface, having something similar to the Map
but wrapped in an object to keep track of some more details, like for
each service if we should stop it or not.

How is the eventual service going to be stopped? Should the same map
be returned to the consumers at stop() time, so that -for example -
the DirectoryProvider will care to stop
the cachemanager it created? Or should each object in the map
implement a "lifecycle" interface, so that a central stop method can
stop all services.

Sanne