[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Core is now using Git

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Oct 8 09:36:25 EDT 2010

Hey Paul

On Thursday, October 07, 2010 07:23:31 pm Paul Benedict wrote:
> I missed the behind-the-scenes discussion. Why was SVN booted?

We generally discuss stuff like this at our weekly dev meetings on irc.

> And can
> I still submit SVN diff patches?

I personally do not know how to apply an SVN diff against Git.  Or at least I
have not tried to see if it will work (pretty sure patch can apply diffs
produced by SVN).

The other option you have is to move the work over to a GitHub fork of the
main hibernate repo, reapply your changes (either copy them in place or using
patch from the svn diff) and then commit them to your fork; you'd then initiate
a pull request to us.  This is the better option.  And even though it sounds
like a lot of work, It probably really is not.  I can help you on irc if you
run into problems (#hibernate-dev on freenode), or the folks on github irc
(#guithub on freenode) can help too I am sure

--
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org