[hibernate-dev] [hibernate-announce] Hibernate Metamodel Generator 1.1.0.CR1 is out

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Fri Oct 15 10:17:12 EDT 2010

> Have you tried setting up this annotation processor in Eclipse recently ?

I tried/tested a basic setup in Eclipse and Idea. Nothing too involved.
I haven't tested NetBeans.

> I did with the "original" one; just curious if we continued ensuring it
> work in the various IDE;s and especially
> Eclipse that has lowerlevel hooks into Eclipse JDT to make it more
> incremental than other IDE's.

I just recently in combination with
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/METAGEN-37
learned that Eclipse uses its own compiler. Seems there is a bug in there.
After fixing METAGEN-37 it problem was solved using Sun's JDK or OpenJDK,
but the issue
seems to remain on Eclipse.

Maybe you want to give the latest release a closer look on Eclipse ;-) ?

--Hardy