[hibernate-dev] Intro :

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Oct 26 09:26:22 EDT 2010

On 26 oct. 2010, at 15:17, Kiran Narasareddy wrote:

> BTW, is there some doc or some architecture design reading which can help me understand the flow, code better?

We might have some on the wiki ( http://community.jboss.org/en/hibernate ) but generally no, there is no architectural documentation. We believe in the code being the doc. And the benefit is that it's always up to date :)
That being said, Hibernate Core and Search have an architecture section in their reference documentation to understand how the big blocks relate to each other.
> I did clone the git repo of hibernate core, but couldn't import it into eclipse ('gradle eclipse' didn't work n couldn't find pom.xml for hibernate core ) .

Hibernate master is using Gradle whereas the legacy branches use Maven.
That being said, I imagine that gradle eclipse thingy should work. Can you jump on IRC (freenode #hibernate-dev) to speed up the trial-fix process. We should get this fixed and are working on it in several fronts.
> Will clone the Hibernate search repo now.It's using maven right?

yes we use maven