[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search and Bobo Browse

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Fri Sep 10 10:41:44 EDT 2010

Hi,

sounds interesting. I think I came across bobo-browse when investigating
possible solutions
for faceting implementations.
If you are just after the underlying Lucene resources, like the
IndexReader, you can get hold
of it via SearchFactory.getReaderProvider(). In order to open the reader
you will have to pass
a DirectoryProvider (also accessible via the SearchFactory). Have a look
in the online documentation.

Of course this is all quite low level and a better integration would
probably make use of some of
the meta data provided by the framework.

I guess in the end you would like to configure the facets in the
FullTextQuery.

It would probably also be good if the integration would be optional so
that you only need to add additional
libraries if you want to use bobo browse.

We can help you some more, if you explain in more detail how you think
this should work and what you
need from the HSearch side.

--Hardy