[hibernate-dev] [Validator] method level validation

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Sep 27 06:02:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

forwarding this email to hibernate-dev to get some more feedback.

Here are some of my thoughts. The method level validation is suggested in
Appendix C of the Bean Validation specification. The method signatures
there all return a set of ConstraintViolations.
The question is how binding these signatures are.

Root bean and property path are indeed questionable for method level
validation. By extending ConstraintViolation you still have to deal with
these values. Maybe instead of
extending we should have a new interface MethodConstraintViolation.

Emmanuel, do you have some more feedback on what was discussed regarding
appendix C?

--Hardy