[hibernate-dev] Transaction API

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Sep 28 12:53:22 EDT 2010

In that case what would you like to see happen when say
Transaction.isActive() is called  but the UserTransaction or
TransactionManager cannot be found?  Or when they report that the status
is UNKOWN?  Currently we throw exceptions in both of those cases which
is do not think is uber-useful.

In the case of isActive() specifically, UNKNOWN is probably ok to
interpret as false.  But I don't think that makes sense in the case of
wasCommitted() or wasRolledBack().