[hibernate-dev] Annotation name for column-level read/write expression

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 29 06:26:02 EDT 2010

On 28 sept. 2010, at 17:53, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> On 28 sept. 2010, at 16:21, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>>

>> 1) whether to combine read/write into one annotation : +1 from me, *so
>> long as* neither is required.  And as we discussed, ideally the column
>> name would be optional too for single-column values.
>
> I've made the change. We are left with the naming challenge. I'll change and push the new name tomorrow so there is still some time for flips.

I've settled for @ColumnTransformer for a couple of reasons:
 - there is transformation to and from the column
 - there are similarities with the ResultTransformer functionally speaking (except ResultTransformer is read only and at the VM level)
 - the Column prefix encompasses both the fact that it's SQL and targetting the column
 - it's just a damn name

Emmanuel