[hibernate-dev] callback induced actions

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 1 11:18:11 EDT 2011

Currently, if a callback (jpa-style, Lifecycle, Listener) called during during
a flush results in an action (as in ActionQueue) being added, that action is
ignored until the next flush cycle.

I thought we discussed (in st louis) adding a feature to allow those actions
to be caught up in the original flush cycle.  But I cannot remember the
outcome of that discussion as to whether that was something we wanted to look
at for 4.0.

The solution is essentially a recursive flush.  There is obviously a danger
there and we would certainly want to depth-limit this.

What do y'all think about getting this into 4.0?

---
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org