[hibernate-dev] Session opening

Shawn Clowater shawn.clowater at Entero.com
Fri Apr 1 12:05:34 EDT 2011

Steve,

Saw this yesterday.  Looks like I'll be able to remove my patch that is
currently allowing me to inject my session factory into session obtained
from a getCurrentSession() call which makes me very happy.  I'll dig up
the JIRA so you guys can kill it.

One question though, with the session.sessionWithOptions() will that
steal the connection from the underlying session?

Background: We've got some places where we want to execute a query with
an alternate set of filters and rather than muck with the ones on the
existing session we'll use session.connection() and spin a new one and
set the particular filters we want, do the query and then close the
session().  That just leaves the original session isolated from having a
bunch of additional data loaded into and also prevents data from being
locked into it with the temporary filter view of the data.  I just
wanted to ensure that this will still be possible.

Shawn Clowater