[hibernate-dev] Moving Hibernate Search test packages

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 4 16:43:29 EDT 2011

2011/4/4 Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org>:
> If I remember right we didn't initially have the additional 'test' level in
> the code.
> I was also a proponent of not having it, but I think the argument was that
> it helps
> to easier distinguish test from production classes. Obviously they are
> structurally
> separated in different directories, but depending on your IDE view this
> separation might
> not be obvious (idea for example has this concept of "view project as
> Packages".
>
> I have no hard feelings against removing the 'test' level again. I just
> wanted to bring up
> the original intentions (afaicr) with introducing it.
>
> I am, however, against a on a "as needed" basis. I think we should go one
> way or the other.
> If we want to drop it, drop it for all tests in one go.
>
> --Hardy

Hi Hardy,
You're likely talking about another project:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/search/tags/v3_0_0_Beta1/src/test/org/hibernate/search/

I remember when I first started looking into the Search sources that I
wished it was different,
I don't need it anymore for myself as I usually know the project well
enough to bend it to my will, but can understand that for an
occasional contributor it's harder to figure out how to test
something.

Cheers,
Sanne