[hibernate-dev] cacheable files

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 12 19:15:35 EDT 2011

2011/4/13 Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>:
> On 04/12/2011 06:01 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> This was my original implementation but it was changed to this explicit API with the reasoning
>> that doing this caching should be an explicit act of intent and not just a simple flag working globally.
>
> But isn't the user explicitly saying "cache them all" the same on this
> point?  To me it really comes down to whether there is a valid use case
> for caching some, but not all.

+1 for all or nothing.
If it's possible / makes sense, and as I see the implementation is
checking anyway for file timestamps, I don't see why any more fine
grained control could be needed.
Should it be on by default?
(BTW looking at implementation it seems the IOStreams are never closed
- I'm making a patch)