[hibernate-dev] Default value provider contract

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 29 17:44:44 EDT 2011

While working on OGM, I found the need to override some of the default values of some Hibernate Core settings, namely:
 - TransactionFactory (defaults to JDBCTransactionFactory)
 - TransactionManagerLookup (defaults to null)

What do you thing of the idea of having a DefaultValueProvider class that people could extend to override default values.
we would then let people pass hibernate.configuration.default_value_provider = com.acme.MyDefaultValueProvider

Alternatively, I'd need to define:
 - hibernate.transaction.default_factory_class
 - hibernate.transaction.default_manager_lookup_class

WDYT?