[hibernate-dev] HV 4.2 and joda-time jar CNFE issue (but used to work with HV 4.1) ...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 11:58:45 EDT 2011

On 08/04/2011 10:59 AM, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:
> I wonder though what he is actually validating (the actual annotated
> bean). He is mentioning HV 4.1 and there we did not even have joda time
> support
> so I don't see how he validated Joda time instances using 4.1 without
> providing a custom ConstraintValidator.

I asked in the jira and got this response:

"
My app doesn't use joda-time directly. When I started migration from
JBoss 6 to 7 I had to copy joda-time into WEB-INF/lib because the EAR's
web module is using Seam International and the JAR requires joda-time.
AFAIK, joda-time was included in JBoss 6.

The annotations for HV like @Min etc. are in domain classes which are in
a utility project included as a JAR in <EAR>/lib. However, such a JAR
doesn't see JARs in WEB-INF/lib.

I think the best solution for HV's dependency would be to have a
joda-time module as you mentioned above.
"