[hibernate-dev] Recent change to JBossAppServerJTAPlatform ?

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri Aug 5 11:57:17 EDT 2011

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-core/pull/147/files
>
> Does that change work on all previous AS versions or is Hibernate JTA now locked down to run on AS 7 ?

Good point, its wrong either way for some version of AS.

> if I recall java:/TransactionManager is the only place it is posted in AS 4 and 5?

Right, java:/TransactionManager is correct before AS7.

> Or am I wrong about that?

What is the best approach here?  Should we support older versions of AS
in Hibernate 4?

If yes, should we create a different JBossAppServerJTAPlatform for
AS4-AS6?  Maybe called JBossAppServer4JTAPlatform?  Hopefully the AS7
way, will cover us for version range AS7-AS64. ;)