[hibernate-dev] [Search] CollectionUpdateEventTest fails

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Aug 19 05:14:21 EDT 2011

I'm puzzled, but will need more clues.

# short answer
No, no special options are required.

# more details
Only two categories of tests require special care:

Byteman
Some tests need the Byteman agent running, but this is taken care of
by Maven (but is not configuring the IDE automagically)

JGroups
Some other tests, the ones using JGroups, will need the following JVM
parameters, again used by Maven, and not needed on OSX:
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djgroups.bind_addr=127.0.0.1

but this test doesn't use nor Byteman nor JGroups.

Sanne

2011/8/18 Davide D'Alto <daltodavide at gmail.com>:
> I've cloned it from scratch and the test fails
> systematically...actually it failed today on an other PC too.
>
> Maybe some parameter that needs to be set?
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>> Hi Davide,
>> I can't reproduce the problem, even re-running that same test several
>> times. Are you sure you have a clean clone from master?
>> ("git reset --hard" will remove all changes you might have around)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sanne
>>
>> 2011/8/18 Davide D'Alto <daltodavide at gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>> I've just pull the changes from the hibernate-search repository and
>>> when I run maven the test
>>> org.hibernate.search.test.engine.optimizations.CollectionUpdateEventTest fails
>>>
>>> testWithClassBridge(org.hibernate.search.test.engine.optimizations.CollectionUpdateEventTest):
>>> [catalogItems should have been initialized] expected:<[tru]e> but
>>> was:<[fals]e>
>>>
>>> Am I missing anything?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Davide