[hibernate-dev] [Search] proposing an alternative to depth in @IndexedEmbedded

Zach Kurey pushedbytime at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:50:37 EDT 2011

On Aug 25, 2011, at 9:31 AM, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:

> It still conflicts with the actual default value of depth and that there is
> no explicit way to say that it is ignored. I don't think "it seems clear"
> is a good enough reason.

That's reasonable.  If everything is left in IndexEmbedded you are right that it is basically mixing two different approaches into one annotation.  The only other option I could think of is having an autoConfig attribute vs. an explicitConfig on IndexEmbedded.  But that would require depth be moved into an 'autoConfig' annotation, which would not be desirable.

> Yes, one of these alternatives. Maybe the "one new 'exclude' attribute in
> IndexEmbedded and one new annotation for IndexSubPaths"

That seems like the best fit, at the moment, as it eliminates any ambiguity.

Zach