[hibernate-dev] MassIndexer have any known issues when InfinispanDirectory is used?

Tom Waterhouse tomwaterhouse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:13:31 EDT 2011

I'm trying to setup clustering of entities and Lucene indexes for our app
with Hibernate 3.6.5, Hibernate Search 3.4.0, Infinispan 5.0.  I'm using
FileCacheStore for the Infinispan cache loader
(InfinispanDirectoryProvider).

MassIndexerImpl.startAndWait() never returns with this configuration.  A
lock is never able to be obtained, see the stack from a thread dump below.
The same MassIndexer call works fine when using FSDirectoryProvider.

Should MassIndexer work with Infinispan as the directory?

Tom

  java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (sleeping)
    at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
    at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:91)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:1097)
    at
org.hibernate.search.backend.Workspace.createNewIndexWriter(Workspace.java:202)
    at
org.hibernate.search.backend.Workspace.getIndexWriter(Workspace.java:175)
    - locked <7793180e8> (a org.hibernate.search.backend.Workspace)