[hibernate-dev] Configuration, deprecation and 4.x plans

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Aug 29 17:40:18 EDT 2011

This morning on IRC we discussed the fact that Configuration is still
marked as deprecated in the 4.0 code base and whether we should revert
that.  This ties in with post-4.0 plans so I think its best to outline
that here.  The plan is :
1) Revert the deprecation on Configuration and Ejb3Configuration for 4.0.
2) Plan on finishing up the metamodel code for 4.1 at which time we will
again deprecate these 2, scheduled for removal in 5.0
3) Prosper!

Also I'd like to see 5.0 come sooner rather than later after 4.1

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org