[hibernate-dev] MassIndexer have any known issues when InfinispanDirectory is used?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Aug 30 03:50:51 EDT 2011

Is it using exclusive_index_use=true ? Exclusive index use does not
work nicely with the MassIndexer in version 3.4, that's one of the
issues fixed in 4.0 (included in the last alpha release).
Is the same test & configuration working fine if you change it only
from Infinispan to a filesystem Directory ?

I'm asking these questions as the MassIndexer will grab this exclusive
lock from the main backend, and the "main backend" is supposed to not
have any pending activity when it's started. Are you aware of other
ongoing writes to the index while the MassIndexer starts?

If there is a limited amount of activity it should be able to acquire
the lock, but in the way Lucene's BaseLuceneLock works it's only
polling, not a fair lock, so if the standard backend is constantly
writing it might timeout waiting for the writes to finish.

A testcase would help; as pointed out in my previous mail I've written
one and found no issues, so please help me reproducing the issue. You
could also open an issue and attach both your Infinispan and Search
configurations.

Regards,
Sanne