[hibernate-dev] new schema in JIRA to handle pull requests

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 5 13:19:18 EST 2011

On 5 December 2011 18:15, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
> On 5 December 2011 18:06, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
>> To be honest I have not sat down and thought about ideals of what
>> "integration" would look like here.  Where did you see the "send pull
>> request docs"?  This might be doable (assuming their API allows it) if we
>> agreed that the pull request branch is named using the JIRA issue key.  But
>> that is not how everyone likes to name work branches iirc.
>
> No I didn't find any docs about adding hooks at pull requests. only
> post-commit hooks, but that's not what I was looking for so I guess
> that's not possible unless Github wants to make that. Would anyone
> else like the concept?

Forgot one answer: I wouldn't refer to the branch name but look for
"HHH-nnnn" at the beginning of commit lines, as a pull request might
contain multiple fixes/tasks.

I'm using this in other scripts I use for code review in all Hibernate
and Infinispan (sub)modules and is almost always correct. At least, it
seems the way to go to me to enforce mentioning the JIRA key in the
commit comment so if a commit doesn't comply it's acceptable for the
integration to break.