[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Geospatial indexing and queries

Karel Maesen karel at geovise.com
Wed Dec 21 12:49:28 EST 2011

On 21 Dec 2011, at 18:32, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> Maybe `Coordinates` is a bad idea entirely and we should only use "free form properties" like this

Why not do this in two steps. Use the "free form properties" now for the first implementation. Later, after integration of Hibernate Spatial in Hibernate Core, you could bring in explicit spatial types (Coordinates, Points or others). In that way we can make sure that the use of spatial types and concepts are at least consistent between HSearch and HSpatial.

Btw, I was thinking of adding to geolatte-geom (my JTS alternative) explicit classes for geographic geometries.

Regards,

Karel