[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Extract core of HSEARCH query engine to be independent of Hibernate Core.

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Feb 23 12:13:48 EST 2011

I've been trying to port current work in progress as dependency of
Infinispan Query,
I'm wishing for these changes:

1) TimeoutManager should throw specific exceptions directly, depending
on the framework being used
(see the pull request I sent you [1], I think it solves the issue, we
might want to polish it a bit to have the JPA interface define it's
own specific factory.

2) The org.hibernate.search.engine.Loader interface:
I'd just remove the init() method from the interface.
Infinispan Query needs quite different types and parameters (and
definitely not a Session), and I see no reason to have the init method
expressed by the interface contract.
Each framework should know how to create and initialize his specific loaders.

For the rest, it's great! this is removing a lot of code duplication,
and consequently improving Query with all latest bugfixes and features
from Search.

Cheers,
Sanne