[hibernate-dev] HHH-3551: Closed and rejected, but possibly still valid?

Laird Nelson ljnelson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:49:31 EST 2011

Hello.

We're running into
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-3551.  The
original poster requested that this (ancient) bug be closed (which it was),
because, apparently, a JDBC driver upgrade solved the problem.

But I'm not sure.  We seem to be running into the same issue using Hibernate
3.5.0 and the latest Informix JDBC driver (3.70.JC1).

The analysis posted by the original poster seems also to be correct.

Is this bug worth reopening?  Is there a particular reason the
InformixDialect does not return "t" and/or "f" for boolean string values?

Thanks,
Laird