[hibernate-dev] [validator] Time to let go

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Jan 17 05:29:08 EST 2011

Hi,

I was wondering for quite some time what to do with the
hibernate-validator-legacy module of the current
Validator codebase.
It contains the old Validator 3.x code which originally wanted to keep
around. However, afaik there
was no activity against it for months if not even for years.
hibernate-validator-legacy slows down the overall build time, leads to
confusions when you are searching for
classes in the IDE and overall does not serve a real purpose.

I see two alternatives. Create a final tag and remove the module or create
a new git repo and move the code into
there. Given that lack of activity I would suggest the first option. We
can cross the bridge of creating a repo
for it, if we ever decide for another legacy release.

Thoughts?

--Hardy