[hibernate-dev] [validator] Time to let go

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Jan 17 07:25:35 EST 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:06:07 +0100, Emmanuel Bernard
<emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> The main reason for keeping it around is that the latest stable release
> of Seam still uses it.
> But the idea of tagging + deleting is find by me.

Ok. I would hope though that any new release would use Validator 4

> BTW how do you split a Git repo? simply by cloning and removing what you
> don't want?

That would be the easiest approach. But I think if you want to do it
properly
you would have to use some git plumbing commands as well, eg filter-branch

There is something on stackoverflow as well -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/359424/detach-subdirectory-into-separate-git-repository

--Hardy