[hibernate-dev] Search: logged warnings annoying for Infinispan ISPN-1218

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Jul 11 10:38:03 EDT 2011

Hello,
ISPN-1218 is about users complaining that the embedded Hibernate
Search is logging warnings about being used out of transaction.

I'm not sure if we should really mandate this to be running
transaction in the context of Infinispan.
I think that there might be valid use cases in the case of
Infinispan/Query in which there is no transaction; this warning was
added because otherwise when running in the context of Hibernate we
might be loading collections during flush, and a "pre-flush" listener
was created to work around this case, but this doesn't apply to
Infinispan.

So my idea was to add an "spi-level" configuration property which
would disable this warning. Any better ideas? Or would it be a better
idea to make sure it's bound to the TM in that case too?

Regards,