[hibernate-dev] CUBRID Database Dialect for Hibernate

Strong Liu stliu at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 14 12:20:25 EDT 2011

here are some related topics:

http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/hibernate-dev/2010-April/005094.html
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/hibernate-dev/2010-April/005101.html
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/hibernate-dev/2010-April/005102.html
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/hibernate-dev/2008-September/003323.html

we (hibernate team) would suggest DB vendors maintain the hibernate dialect themselves, like delivery the dialect class within jdbc driver.
there are some reasons that we recommended this way:
1. resources, we have limited developer resources and testing environment resource, for example, i don't think we have qa resources to maintain a CURBID instance for testing/CI.
2. since Dialect is the main contract between hibernate and DB, so, if DB has any new release, it can update the dialect as well, and no need to wait for hibernate release.

meanwhile, we would like to help db vendors to set up a hibernate ci environment to make sure the dialect/hibernate works well on the DB.

and thanks for working on this dialect :D

Strong Liu <stliu at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org
http://github.com/stliu