[hibernate-dev] compile hibernate4 alpha3 using java5

gioacchinomauri at libero.it gioacchinomauri at libero.it
Wed Jun 1 17:11:31 EDT 2011

Hi there,

is it possible to compile hibernate4 using java5 ? I've seen there is some
errors on alpha3 but i don't know if java5 should be supported or not.

To be more specific  i got errors on "org.hibernate.build.gradle.inject.
InjectionAction" because it uses an "@Override" annotation against a method
declared in an interface ("org.gradle.api.Action") which is not allowed in
java5 (see here: http://dertompson.com/2008/01/25/override-specification-
changes-in-java-6/).

I posted a similar message on hibernate users forum but i think it's the wrong
place, so sorry for the double question.

Thanks