[hibernate-dev] Feedback on Bean Validation JAX-RS integration

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 30 12:25:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

looks very promising to me. Up to "Validation in Client API
(Brainstorming)" everything seems
straight forward.
Obviously parameter validation is not officially part of the spec, but
luckily we already implement it ;-)

Regarding the client api, they seem to struggle with the same problem we
had when defining our
programmatic API. You cannot programmatically create/configure
annotations. We created the XYZDef classes to
solve this and also GenericConstraintDef. The latter could be another
option in their API design.

I don't really understand though what the "Client API" really does, but
maybe some
syncing/brainstorming in the programmatic API area could be useful for BV
and JAX-RS.

--Hardy